Webinar on Supporting Students’ Mental Health during COVID-19: The Life After
10 Oct 2020
Mental health is a human right – it’s time that mental health is available for all. Quality, accessible primary health care is the foundation for universal health coverage and is urgently required as the world grapples with the current health emergency.
- (Dr Ingrid Daniels. President: World Federation for Mental Health)
With the same vision, SHARP NGO celebrated World Mental Health Day 2020 by organising a webinar on “Supporting Students’ Mental Health during COVID-19: The Life After.” After battling with a tornado of emotions all these months, schools and teachers will have to come up with innovative ways to support Students’ Mental Health once offline classes resume. Building emotional resilience with access to the right tools for SBCC (social behaviour change communication) will be monumental here.
With convergence between psychologists, principals and intervention agencies, this webinar focussed on:
• Identifying signs of anxiety and depression
• Problems with sleep and dietary patterns
• Convergence towards improving current practices of mental health in schools & colleges
• Building right SBCC tools to support schools
• Easing into the "Back to schools" transition for stakeholders
This is the 11th webinar under our series of Youth & Adolescent Health during pandemic & after which aims to highlight problems related to Youth & Adolescents in the ongoing pandemic situation, challenges to follow & to share relevant information about persisting school health issues to teachers and students so they can further educate the society. It also hopes to create an open platform for them to ask their doubts, and get possible solutions.
The audience were given an opportunity to interact with the eminent panel which included:
1. Ms. Rekha Chauhan - Sr. Psychologist & Counselor, President AISUCAP, Working Group Committee Member-Manodarpan(MHRD)
2. Dr. Kanika K. Ahuja - Associate Professor & H.O.D Psychology Dept. at Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi
3. Ms. Vrishti Kapoor - Founder - Decode Your Mind with Vristhti, Psychologist and Mental Health Advocate from Delhi
4. Ms. Sukanya M. - Psychological Counselor and Principal at Maharishi Vidya Mandir, Chennai
10.10.20220 time 4PM