Webinar on Promoting Safer access to schools: School bus safety and safe zones for students
23 Jan 2021
Accessibility to schools and school bus safety is increasingly becoming a major concern under Road Safety. Teaching students about how to be safe while using school bus transportation is pivotal to reducing the amount of unnecessary injuries and deaths that occur each year. The major problem with school buses are that students that are putting themselves in what are commonly known as “danger zones”. Those zones are anywhere that the bus driver or other vehicles cannot see the student. Danger zone awareness is crucial to school bus safety. Both the driver and the students need to be aware of the danger zone at all times. Schools need to regulate the awareness of designing and improving safety in school zones.
This webinar-cum-panel discussion focussed on:
1. Safety standards and guidelines for school buses and motor coaches
2. School bus safety during covid-19
3. Speeding behaviour in school zones
4. Tips and strategies for designing and improving safety in school zones
5. Role of school authorities and NGOs
1. Mr. Pankaj Singh - Head, Road Safety - India at LafargeHolcim Group (ACC and Ambuja Cements)
2. Mr. Sree Kumar Kumaraswami - Head Integrated Transport in Sustainable Cities program of WRI India
3. Ms. Ruchi Varma - Founder & Chief Executive Officer at HumanQind
4. Dr. Seema Negi - Principal at Sanjeevani World School, Mumbai and Global Goodwill Ambassador.